You are here: Home / Apps / Learn To Fresh Start Kodi v17 Krypton To Wipe Kodi Builds
Kodi is considered to be one of the best media-player and media-streaming applications of today. Developed by XBMC foundation, this open-source, free to use application has won several awards and is available on a wide range of hardware and operating system platforms. We hope you people know how to setup Kodi on PC and MAC because here in this article, we are going to show you how to fresh start Kodi and with the help of this, you can easily fresh start Kodi. You can also read about best Kodi addons in our previous post.
Compatibility with a number of add-ons and builds make it a very popular media player worldwide. Unfortunately, these Kodi builds can cause a lot of problems too. Most users tend to keep integrating the builds unreservedly to the Kodi player. Over a period of time, these additions weigh down on the performance of the application. The performance issues are even more apparent on the less powerful devices such as TV boxes and streaming sticks.
Kodi hadn’t provided any option to reset the player to the default state. Most users were expecting this functionality built into the Kodi V17 Krypton version. Unfortunately, the latest edition also doesn’t have a native option to reset the player to its virgin state.
That said, it doesn’t mean you cannot have the Kodi player restored to the original state. In fact, there is an easy workaround that will reset your Kodi V17 Krypton pretty easily or you can say fresh start Kodi.
Also Read:- 10+ Best Kodi Addons 2019
First of all, you will need to add the Fusion repository add-on to your Kodi player. Follow the steps below if this add-on is not added already:
- Launch Kodi on your device and from the main page click on the Settings icon (on the top-left next to search button)
- Now choose the File Manager option on the next screen
- Double click the option ‘Add Source’ on the left
- On the ‘Add file source’ dialog box click ‘None’ and enter the URL: http://fusion.tvaddons.ag/
- Give the desired name to the add-on in the ‘Enter a name for this media source’; since we are installing the Fusion repository, it is recommended that you give it the name ‘Fusion’ so that you can identify it easily later
- Click OK
- You will see the list of the available sources. Choose Fusion.
- Now open the folder named ‘begin-here’
- Now you will need to double click on the option that reads ‘plugin.video.freshstart-1.0.5.zip’
- This will install the Fresh Start plugin to your Kodi player. Once the installation is complete you will get a notification.
- Now go to the Add-ons page one more time and choose the option ‘Program Add-ons’
- Launch the add-on named ‘Fresh Start’
- You will now get a prompt confirming that you wish to restore your Kodi player to the original state. Click on Yes.
This will reset the Kodi player configuration and remove all the builds you may have installed. In order for the process to complete, you will need to reboot the Kodi player.
It is true that with a built-in option to reset Kodi, it would have been a little easier. However, this workaround is also easy to follow. Within a few minutes, you can reset the Kodi player to the default state. Now I think you all know how to wipe Kodi and fresh start Kodi 2019.